Kraft paper is a tough, durable paper usually made from wood pulp and has a brown or light brown appearance. It takes its name from the German word "Kraft", which means power or strength. Known for its strength, abrasion resistance and versatility, kraft paper is widely used in a variety of packaging, printing and handmade products applications.
Here are some important features and applications of kraft paper:
1. Strength and durability: Kraft paper generally has excellent strength and can withstand large tension and tearing forces. This makes it an ideal choice for wrapping paper, especially for packing heavy items or items that require extra support during shipping.
2. Environmentally friendly: Kraft paper is usually recyclable, and many manufacturers produce recyclable kraft paper, which helps reduce environmental impact. In addition, it is biodegradable and will not cause long-term pollution to the environment.
3. Packaging purposes: Kraft paper is widely used in the packaging industry. It is used to make paper bags, packaging boxes, wrapping paper, packaging fillers, sealing tapes and packaging labels, etc. In terms of food packaging, it is also used to make some food bags, wrapping paper and outer packaging.
4. Crafts and Handicrafts: Kraft paper is also useful for crafts and DIY projects. People can use kraft paper to make greeting cards, covers, handmade products, notebooks, photo albums, etc.
5. Printing: Kraft paper generally withstands printing well and is therefore commonly used for printing magazines, book covers, brochures and advertising materials.
6. Packaging filler: Kraft paper can be torn into small pieces or foam form and used as packaging filler to protect the packaged items from damage.
In summary, kraft paper is a versatile paper known for its strength, durability, and environmental friendliness, and is suitable for a variety of applications. It plays an important role in packaging, printing and handmade products.